South Africa Under-20 head coach Dawie Theron on Monday named 34 players for the latest training camp in preparation for the IRB Junior World Championships to be played in France in June 2013.
The Junior Springboks 'Baby Boks' will defend the title they won in South Africa in 2012.
The camp, to be held in Stellenbosch between 14 and 27 January 2013, will include trials and friendly matches against the Universities of the Western Cape (UWC), Stellenbosch (Maties) and Cape Town (Ikeys).
Trials And Friendly Matches
"We will ... settle on our game plan once we have a clear understanding of our playing personnel..."
“This is a very important camp for us,” Theron said. “We need to settle on a squad and this will be another opportunity for us to do so.
"There are a lot of boxes that we will have to tick in the two weeks of the camp to make sure we are on track.
“The trials should confirm our selections and the training matches will give us a better idea of the various combinations available to us.
"We will also have to settle on our game plan once we have a clear understanding of our playing personnel.”
The SA Under-20 training squad is:
- Fullbacks: Cheslin Kolbe, Tim Swiel (DHL Western Province)
- Wings: Seabelo Senatla (Toyota Free State Cheetahs), Luther Obi, Sylvian Mahuza (Leopards)
- Centres: Jan Serfontein, Dries Swanepoel (Vodacom Blue Bulls), Justin Gedult, JP Lewis (DHL Western Province), Tyler Fisher (KZN)
- Flyhalves: Handrè Pollard (Vodacom Blue Bulls), Robert du Preez (KZN)
- Scrumhalves: Kirshwin Williams (MTN Golden Lions), Hanco Venter, Stefan Ungerer (KZN)
- Loose Forwards: Leneve Dames, Roelof Smit, Ruan Steenkamp (all Vodacom Blue Bulls), Albertus Smit (MTN Golden Lions), Jurie van Vuuren (DHL Western Province)
- Locks: Dennis Visser, Irnè Herbst, Jacques du Plessis, Marvin Orie (all Vodacom Blue Bulls)
- Props: Justin Forwood, Andrew Beerwinkel, Neethling Fouchè (all Vodacom Blue Bulls), Luan de Bruin (Toyota Free State Cheetahs), Marnè Coetzee (KZN), Sti Sithole (DHL Western Province)
- Hookers: Jacques du Toit (Toyota Free State Cheetahs), Devon Martinus (MTN Golden Lions), Mornè du Plessis (KZN), Freddie Kirsten (DHL Western Province)
The SA Under-20s will meet Universities of the Western Cape (UWC) on 18 January 2013, Maties on 23 January 2013 and UCT on 26 January 2013. The friendlies will be played in Stellenbosch and Cape Town.
-- COURTESY SARUGBY.NET
Trending Rugby Topics:
- boks 2013
- baby boks squad 2013
- baby boks squad
- Baby Boks Team
- south african rugby team 2013